The farm Forteto della Luja was inherited through the maternal family of his father Giancarlo to the current owner Giovanni Scaglione.
The farm is first mentioned in the land registers in 1826, the stone wine cellars and some of the farm buildings however, date from the late eighteenth century. Until 1985 the vineyards were growing grapes for sale to local winemakers and only a small amount of wine was made.
In 1985, at the suggestion of the famous winemaker Giacomo Bologna and in a return to the customs of great-grandfather Giovanni, the winery began cultivating Moscato grapes and producing the Moscato Passito Plasa Rischel, which was made with prestigious awards. In 1992 the Loazzolo Vendemmia Tardiva DOC was published in the Officiai Journal. The Loazzolo DOC is currently the smallest controlled denomination of origin in Italy.
The name of the winery, Forteto della Luja, derives from the name of the wooded area through which the Rio Luja flows and which surrounds the vineyards. Since 2007 the vineyards have been a WWF oasis and since 2011 a didactic center of the Università di Scienze Gastronomiche di Pollenza.