Forteta della Luja

Forteta della Luja
The farm Forteto della Luja was passed on to the current owner Giovanni Scaglione through the maternal family of his father Giancarlo.

The farm is first mentioned in the land registers in 1826, but the stone wine cellars and some of the farm buildings come from the end of the eighteenth century. Until 1985, grapes were grown in the vineyards for sale to local winemakers and only a small amount of wine was produced.

The winery began at the suggestion of the famous winemaker Giacomo Bologna and in reference to the customs of great-grandfather Giovanni 1985 with the cultivation of Moscato grapes and the production of the Moscato Passito Plasa Rischel, which has received prestigious awards. In 1992 the Loazzolo Vendemmia Tardiva DOC was published in the Officiai Journal. The Loazzolo DOC is currently the smallest controlled designation of origin in Italy.

The name of the winery, Forteto della Luja, is derived from the name of the wooded area through which the Rio Luja flows and which surrounds the vineyards. The vineyards have been a WWF oasis since 2007 and a didactic center of the Università di Scienze Gastronomiche di Pollenza since 2011.

Older post Newer post